Membership Training Academy (MTA) is the Fraternity’s official program for men seeking membership in Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
The St. Petersburg Alumni Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. seeks professional men who want to be a part of an organization that gives back to the community.
The Chapter is predicated upon and dedicated to the principles of Achievement in every field of human endeavor.
We seek men who serve as positive role models within our community who can help accomplish the goals and objectives of the Fraternity.
Selection for membership is based solely upon mutuality of interest between the prospective member and the Fraternity; academic ability as reflected in scholastic accomplishment; loyalty to school and country; a will to sociality; and commitment to the demands of integrated living and learning.
A person who feels he would do the Fraternity a favor by joining is not worthy of membership. No one who holds himself superior to the Brotherhood of Kappa Alpha Psi is worthy of this distinction.
Kappa Alpha Psi is not interested in the simple accumulation of members and chapters. Its emphasis, however, is in the quality and integrity of its membership. Membership quality manifests itself through an intangible element of brotherhood we call that “Good Old Kappa Spirit” The “Good Old Kappa Spirit” is constructive, not destructive; dynamic, not static; active not passive; progressive, not degenerative; meaningful, not trivial.
Acceptable qualities of Kappa Alpha Psi members include:
- The disposition to live in close companionship with men of similar values.
- The wisdom to abide by the will of the majority without sacrificing individuality.
- The discretion to refrain from destructive criticism while seeking to remove the causes of such criticism.
- The acceptance of responsibility for any effort that moves the group forward.
- The desire to strive for, and ultimately achieve excellence in everything you do.
- The commitment to train for leadership.
- The resolution to give lifelong financial support and commitment to the maintenance and development of the Fraternity’s programs and purposes.
Minimum qualifications for initiation into the fraternity through the St. Petersburg Alumni Chapter include:
- Must exhibit good moral character
- Must have earned a Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year college or university
- Must have written recommendations from at least three financial members of the St. Petersburg Alumni Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
- Must have written recommendations from at least two community leaders, who are not members of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
- Must be a registered voter
- Must interview with members of the St. Petersburg Alumni Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
- Must be available for orientation sessions
Send your resume to MTA Coordinator :
Anti-Hazing Position and Laws Position: The St. Petersburg Alumni Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. does not support, encourage or condone hazing. Florida Anti-Hazing Laws